As a member of ATTI, Europorte France offers its customers services both on the entire national rail network as well as in Switzerland, Belgium or Germany, whatever the type of goods (food, chemicals, automotive, etc.), packaging (bulk, liquid, solid, container, pallet, etc.), the distance to travel (national and international) or the tonnage (whole train or single wagons).
Europorte France, a 24/7 service
Europorte France offers a complete service of rail freight traction operations on main lines, based on its commercial assets such as quality of service, safety, punctuality and digitalisation. The company also offers its customers connections with neighbouring countries, in partnership or open access as in Belgium, Germany and Switzerland where it holds its own traffic authorisations (licence and certificate). Europorte France conducts its commercial activities from 4 regional agencies covering the entire French territory, in order to provide an efficient local service and a personalised operational response.
net tonnes of goods transported
estimated rail freight market share
tonne-kilometres for Europorte France
Europorte France’s rail transport services include:
- Administration and technical control of wagons from departure to arrival at destination
- Train movement and monitoring on rail networks
- Provision of rolling stock and associated maintenance
- Administration and management of technical interfaces in conjunction with infrastructure managers
- Transport of all types of freight including dangerous goods on the main railway corridors and port terminals
- Spot train transport for one-off requirements.
Europorte France’s operations are based on:
- Optimising transport plans based on regular paths
- Organising rail business through regional hubs
- Guarantee of service through the supply of reliable human and material resources dedicated to traffic
- Regular and punctual delivery of goods
- Safety on customers’ private branch lines and on the national railway network
- Communications on the status of customers’ freight traffic.
The main sectors concerned by the high-speed traction of trains on main lines are:
- Agriculture and food related industry
- Chemicals, petro-chemicals and oil
- Construction material and quarries
- Paper and wood products
- Any other sector according to the type of products transported.
main line locomotives
trains in commercial operation hauled each week on average
wagons handled by Europorte France
Find out the detailed history of Europorte since 2004 illustrated by a chronology in pictures.More information
Our rail freight transport mode, environmental-freindly by nature, contributes to reduce the CO2 emissions of the Group.More information
Looking for responsibilities, challenges, quality of service and innovation in the rail freight industry? Then join us!More information