Rail freight transport is at the heart of Europorte through its subsidiary Europorte France, whatever the type of goods, transport conditions (bulk, conditioned, containers, crates, loose, pallets,...), the distance to be covered (national or international) and the tonnage (full train or single wagon). Europorte France offers its customers a service hauling freight trains on main lines throughout the railway network in France.
Rail transport services of Europorte France comprise:
- Administration and technical control of wagons from departure to arrival at destination
- On site train movement and control on rail network
- Provision of rolling stock and associated maintenance
- Administration and management oftechnical interfaces in conjunction with infrastructure managers
- Transport of all types of freight including dangerous goods and intermodal transport of maritime containers between major ports and the main European economic centres
- Spot transport: Europorte France's TrainSpot provides short term freight transport solutions for one-off requirements.
Every day, Europorte France carries out main line rail haulage operations 24 hours a day and 7 days a week throughout France and Belgiumwith connections to European neighbouring countries.
In 2012, Europorte France activities have achieved numerous commercial successes, thus recorded a double-digit growth: nearly 200 trains operate each week on European rail networks, representing a total of 1.4 billion tonnes/kilometre a year.
Europorte France is setting up its operation according to 6 main parameters appropriate to serving industrial customers:
- Optimising transport plans based on regular paths
- Organising rai lbusiness through regional hubs (Le havre, Dunkirk, Lérouville, Dijon, Lyon, Marseille...)
- Guarantee of service through the supply of reliable human and material resources dedicated to traffic
- Regular and punctual delivery of goods
- Safety on customers' private branch lines and on the national railway network
- Communications on the status of customers' goods traffic.
The main sectors concerned by the high speed haulage of trains on main lines are:
- Agriculture and food related industry
- Chemicals, petro-chemicals and oil
- Construction material and quarries
- Paper and wood products
- Any other sector according to the type of products transported.
With the clear trust from industrial customers, Europorte France boasts several commercial advantages: quality of service, safety and punctuality.
Europorte France is committed to its customers to achieve and deliver a 95% regularity rate and a 90% punctuality rate for the trains (within 2 hours of schedule).
Europorte France carries out its commercial activities from 4 regional agencies spanning the whole French territory in order to deliver an efficient local service and a customised operational response.
›› More information on the 2012 Annual Review of Eurotunnel Group
››To get in touch, please view the Contact us page