transport is at the heart of Europorte through its subsidiary Europorte France, whatever the type of
goods, transport conditions (bulk, conditioned, containers, crates, loose,
pallets,...), the distance to be covered (national or international) and the
tonnage (full train or single wagon).
France offers its customers a service hauling freight trains on main lines
throughout the railway network in France
with connections to neighbouring European countries, in partnership or as an open access
operator, particularly in Belgium
where Europorte France
has the railway authorisations (licence and certificate).
Rail transport services of Europorte France comprise:
- Administration and technical control of wagons from departure to arrival at destination
- On site train movement and control on rail network
- Provision of rolling stock and associated maintenance
- Administration and management of technical interfaces in conjunction with infrastructure managers
- Transport of all types of freight including dangerous goods and intermodal transport of maritime containers between major ports and the main European economic centres
- Spot transport: Europorte France's TrainSpot provides short term freight transport solutions for one-off requirements.
Europorte France is setting up its operation according to 6 main parameters appropriate to serving industrial customers:
- Optimising transport plans based on regular paths
- Organising rail business through regional hubs (Le Havre, Dunkirk, Lérouville, Dijon, Lyon, Marseille...)
- Guarantee of service through the supply of reliable human and material resources dedicated to traffic
- Regular and punctual delivery of goods
- Safety on customers' private branch lines and on the national railway network
- Communications on the status of customers' goods traffic.
In 2015, Europorte France activities have
achieved numerous commercial successes: more than 200 trains in average operate
each week on the national rail network.
The main sectors concerned by the high speed haulage of trains on main lines are:
- Agriculture and food related industry
- Chemicals, petro-chemicals and oil
- Construction material and quarries
- Paper and wood products
- Any other sector according to the type of products transported.
With the clear
trust from industrial customers, Europorte
France boasts several commercial advantages: quality of service, safety and
commits to its customers to achieve and deliver a 90% regularity rate and a 90%
punctuality rate (within 2 hours of schedule) for the trains.
Europorte France carries out its
commercial activities from 4 regional agencies spanning the whole French
territory in order to deliver an efficient local service and a customised
operational response. Those 4 regional agencies have, over the past few years,
expanded their customer portfolio: the first customer represents below 10% of
›› More information on the 2016 Annual Review of Eurotunnel Group
››To get in touch, please view the Contact us page